Maybe this may interest you:
Do not use gum or candy to eliminate bad breath.
This condition can cause some daily problems because it reduces the self-esteem and the safety of those who suffer from it, at the same time as it interpersonal relationships are difficult.
The doctors of the IMSS explained that bad breath or halitosis are due, in many occasions, to poor oral hygiene, so consuming pills or any other type of candy or chewing gum can aggravate the patient’s conditions; as well as the possible damage to their teeth, since generally this type of candy is made with high amounts of sweetener, which is not eliminated properly, it decomposes in the mouth generating cavities and bad odors.
The specialists of the Institute pointed out that bad breath can also be a sign of respiratory, gastric, liver or kidney diseases and even stress.
They emphasized that the consumption of this type of candy does not contribute in anything to eliminate it, since to control or eliminate bad breath it is necessary to resort to specialized attention.
Specialists recommended that, instead of choosing chewing gum, pills or some other type of candy to mask bad breath, it is better to brush your teeth properly after each meal, floss regularly; as well as mouth rinses.
6 home remedies to avoid bad breath
- Green Tea: Heat the water and add an infusion of green tea is an easy and tasty recipe to combat halitosis. Green tea can help fight bad breath thanks to its content in polyphenols, which are a group of chemicals found in plants.
- Brushing the tongue: Another very effective home remedy against bad breath is brushing the tongue. Many bacteria hide there and when we brush our teeth, but we forget the tongue, the bacteria continue to act, causing bad breath. You can brush your tongue with the same toothbrush or even with a tongue scraper, a product that you have recently taken out for this purpose.
- Mint and rosemary mouthwash: An herbal infusion is an easy and effective recipe against bad breath. Mix 1/2 cup of rosemary and 1 cup of fresh mint (or 1/2 cup of fresh mint) in 1 quart of boiling water. Let cool and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin. Store the beverage in a sterilized bottle for up to two weeks. It serves to make daily rinses. Do not drink it!
- Natural juice: Some fruits have substances that help clean teeth and kill germs in the mouth. The mixture of the juice of a grapefruit with a quarter of mango, two branches of yerbabuena and half a cup of water helps eliminate bad breath. Blend well the drink and take it every other day after the meal.
- A cup of milk: A team of researchers from the University of Ohio, United States, concluded that drinking a glass of milk during a meal that includes garlic on the menu is the best remedy to prevent bad breath remains in mouth.
- Water and Salt: Simply mix water and salt in a glass, then gargle three times.